SME-Level | Davis-Monthan AFB Tuscon AZ | TS/SCI
The ISSO will provide experienced and qualified personnel to perform Cybersecurity support services to assist ACC Cybersecurity Chief Information Security Officer and unit Information System Security Officers (ISSO) in maintaining an effective cybersecurity program that supports missions and adequately protects the confidentiality, integrity and availability of AF IC information resources.
Develop local unit Cybersecurity programs and security plan IAW ACC, AF, IC, and DOD guidance.
Gather data, analyze compliance and report results on the condition and progress of local unit Cybersecurity programs, security plans, plan of action and milestones (POA&M) and Assessment and Authorization (A&A) workflow tools data, patch management, information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVA), DoD 8570.01M certifications, and Federal Information System Modernization Act (FISMA) compliance requirements, and Authorizations to Operate (ATOs) to unit leadership and HHQs as directed.
Interact with local units and HHQ IISMs to provide Cybersecurity assessments, courses of action, and solutions to commanders on how to improve their Cybersecurity programs.
Develop and provide on-the-job work center training to Government civilian, contractor, and military personnel on various IT security tools, policies and procedures required to protect resources and meet standards.
- Candidates must already possess a current TS/SCI security clearance in order to be considered. The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing JWICS operations for all Wing and subordinate unit SCIFs on site. They will be responsible for all Site-wide JWICS Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) and perform JWICS specific touch maintenance to install and maintain computers, servers, and all JWICS related software and hardware. (This also includes but is not limited to account management, network storage, local authentication servers, file servers, user privileges, local group policy, local software testing, restoration operations, contingency planning, and local backups.) Ensure security patching is completed and locally downloaded, and also push JAVA, NOTAMS, and TCNO patches the AF JWICS Enterprise is unable to perform remotely.
- Work directly with users at the site and liaise daily with the ESD and ESC AF to help resolve user and network related issues as well as maintain the integrity of the Site domain. Perform investigative administration operations in support of the Cyber Security Operations Center for malware, spyware, Trojans, or unauthorized software that gets detected on any device at the Site. The position is full time daily operation and may require after hours and weekend duty via on-call support. The System Administrator is required to be able to respond within one (1) hour of critical incident notification during duty hours (0730-1630) and within six (6) hours or less during non-duty hours/weekends/holidays if needed.
- The candidate should be able to work autonomously with minimal oversight as well as in conjunction with multiple personnel in the fulfillment of the individual employee’s functions. Must have the ability to gather facts and use effective analytical and evaluative methods to assess information, plan the sequence of actions necessary, make sound decisions and solve a variety of security problems. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of their respective position, functions, and duties and will assist USAF and other government agencies in the creation and development of SSO documents, PowerPoint presentations, formal messages, background papers, and items of interest, staff summary packages, and other administrative tasks as necessary. Candidate will perform SCI security support functions and have access to JWICS systems located within the SCIF.
- IAT Level 2
- Current Security +
- Experience in a full range of IT security principles, including:
a. Concepts, practices, products and services (including system software, database software and immediate access storage technology)
b. Disseminating IT security tools and procedures
c. IT security certification and accreditation requirements
d. Familiar with and use Active Directory tools to manage accounts
e. Familiar with imaging computers and upgrading operating systems
f. Familiar with using scanning tools to scan and subsequently patch devices
g. Familiar with trouble ticketing tools such as Remedy
h. Be able to remotely log in to computers as needed for maintenance
i. Be able to add and remove computers to domains
j. Be able to assign and remove security controls to user accounts
k. Be able to perform all Security Plus (Security+) type functions
l. Be able to work independently and/or with a team
m. Be familiar with and be able to modify file servers and shared permissions
- Demonstrates ability to define problems, supervise studies and lead surveys to collect and analyze data to provide advice and recommend solutions.
- Demonstrates analytic leadership and expertise in identifying, planning, developing, and executing analytic production methodologies, tradecraft and techniques aligned with labor category mission.
- Demonstrates extensive ability to provide strategic advice, technical guidance and expertise to Defense planners and policymaker (e.g., Undersecretary level or higher).
- Required Experience: Minimum 15 years of experience conducting analysis relevant to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
- Required Education: Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education or have a bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and an additional 5 years of related expert experience, for a total of 20 years, as a substitute to the master’s degree.
- Experience and Certification as an IIQC instructor
- Experience with synthetic ISR scenario design and associated tools and software
- Experience supporting the ACC ISR enterprise and Theater Air Control